Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Paleo Chocolate Mug Cake

Am I the only one who is craving a chocolate cake with some sweet vanilla bean ice cream every once in a while? I don't think so, cause it really is one of the best treats on earth if you ask me! There is just one problem... Baking a whole chocolate cake and spending hours in the kitchen, just because you wanted a treat for the movie? No, there must be an easier way, and I found it. Just make a cake in a mug. It's so easy, and it doesn't even make a mess! This recipe is enough for two mug cakes, but if you don't want the extra mess of the ONE bowl you make it in, go ahead and split it in half and just make directly in the mug!


By the way, did I mention that this cake is paleo? If you want it strict paleo, go ahead and make a homemade ice cream.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp almond milk

Vanilla bean ice cream (optional)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into two mugs. Microwave for 2 minutes, and let it cool down just a little bit. I like my chocolate cake just a little lukewarm still when I put the ice cream on top so it melts just a little bit.






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment