Monday, March 10, 2014

Oat Waffles

This morning as I woke up, I was really craving waffles, but not the white fluffy ones that you usually connect with waffles. I mean, sure they're good, but they just don't fill you up very well when there's a long time till you'll have food again. Therefore I tried to make them with oat flour instead, and I gotta say that they turned out amazing. Really the good thing about waffles isn't the waffles, but the things you put on top of them, if you ask me.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp agave syrup
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
cooking spray

Directions:
Ground oats in a food processor until it has become sort of a oat flour. Mix oat flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl beat eggs and add almond milk, agave syrup, yogurt, and coconut oil. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well to make sure there is no  lumps of flour. 
Heat waffle iron, and spray with cooking spray. Bake the waffles and serve with fresh fruit and syrup.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment