Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day French Toast

So today was Mother's Day, and I wanted to make my host mom a nice breakfast, since I couldn't do it for my mom. It has been a tradition for me to make breakfast for my mom on Mother's Day, so I'm glad I got to do it this year also, and make my host mom happy.

French Toast is a thing I discovered here in America. In Denmark we have something similar we call Arme Riddere or faithful knights. But I've really come to love it, and making it healthy is not hard at all either! Usually you would put powdered sugar and syrup on top, but instead I put homemade blueberry syrup on top, and that was really good!


Ingredients:

8 slices of whole wheat bread
3 eggs
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Beat eggs and add almond milk, honey, and cinnamon.
  2. Heat a pan in a little bit of butter or vegetable oil.
  3. Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both sides for about 20-30 seconds.
  4. Fry on both sides until golden brown and serve with syrup and fresh fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment