Friday, December 13, 2013

Pebbernødder

At christmas time we have like a million different kind of traditional cookies and treats in Denmark, and these tiny cookies are definitely some of my favorites. We have made them every year since I can remember, so this year I wanted to make them for my host family here in Utah. I got some quality help form my good friend Nakai!
To be honest we have never really had a traditional family recipe as many probably do, and every year they tend to turn out really hard and not very good, but this year I found a really amazing recipe, and now I've already shared it with my whole family, and thought I would share it with you guys too!

Ingredients:
80 g butter
225 g sugar
1 egg
1 dl heavy cream
250 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp pebber
orange zest (optional)

Directions:
Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients and combine. 
Roll out into long "sausages" and cut in slices about 1/2 inch long (1 cm) and place on a cooking sheet. Bake in oven for 12-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.






No comments:

Post a Comment